Saturday, January 24, 2004

My music preferences

(22/1)
I woke up early today, skipping school. Yeah. Then I slacked. Surfed the net to look up on Coldplay and Radiohead. There's a 'Radio 1' documentary, "The Ticking Of Clocks" about Coldplay @ IN MY PLACE in the official website.

A part of the interview as usual, goes on about how Coldplay have gained popularity in such a short time and blah blah... since Yellow... They played God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and audio clips from the live performances...

Sometimes I hate Linkin Park and Evanescence. Sheesh. Stop those freaking blaring guitars, crap lyrics and screaming! Hopefully Chester loses his voice one day. I'm so sick of the noise. I'm so proud that I love both Radiohead and Coldplay. If you want the 'kick'... go listen to Metallica, Master Of Puppets or Nirvana...

(19/1)
I listened to The Cranberries "Wake Up And Smell The Coffee" album on Sunday. It was just phenomenal. Dolores sings better than her Evanescence counterpart. There are many good songs on the album... "Never Grow Old", "Analyse", "Pretty Eyes", "Every Morning" just to name a few. Haha. I failed to mention that I like their music too. It was revisiting two years back at the end of Secondary Two, when there was worldwide turmoil. I thought, this is it...

Back then, I fed my ears on boybands and stuff. I spent a year listening to the radio actually. I did not like R&B, Craig David stuff... Westlife, a1 were the 'in' thing. Then I bought the u2 album "All That You Can't Leave Behind". I thought... Rock? Best album?

Well... I did pick up Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory later, I tried my best to listen to it. My parents were so unhappy with the noise...

Albums I will put away now and then, only to revisit them in the distant future. Haha? Yes, haha. (because I got stuck here.)

No comments: