Sunday, January 04, 2004

Balloons - Lofty thoughts.

Just wanted to share a beautiful moment today... Today, in the late morning, my parents and I went to Yu Neng Primary School to play badminton. I saw my sporty young cousin - YONG!!

We played soccer in the field with two even younger cousins. I was enthralled when Yong started to sing the Mandarin song, "Balloon(s)". Even though he sang like - *ahem* - I caught on the tune, and the original female singer was singing in my head...

The sun was shining at a moderate intensity... The sky was clear blue, with the clouds few and far between. Far across the field was a road, and then a block of residential flats, with sun shining in on the hanged laundry... Yong kicked the ball in the air. For a moment - I thought that it hovered in mid-air, never wanting to come down. Just like the song. So lofty.

So, I think about balloons... balloons released in a SYF Opening Ceremony I participated in two years ago. Above the piano accompaniment, the singer's voice roamed freely. I dunno what the words are. But I remember seeing those balloons soar from the stadium, letting go of all bonds with the earth, and they will never come back. Where do they go? On a windy day - do they get blown out into the sea? Do they travel miles to some foreign country? Who knows, also, what kites see...? But lets not digress... I always have this fear, as a little child, grasping tightly to the balloon. In a nervous moment, any child would let go of the thread connecting the balloon, and look up to see it vanishing into the skies...

Where do they go?

I saw the 3 boys playing happily together.

Just like an MTV...

I try to shrug off my childish thoughts.

No comments: