Thursday, May 13, 2004

Master and Commander (the Far Side of the World)

I have been an avid VCD watcher.

I have also bought "E.T. 20th Anniversary Enchanced Edition" VCD. In fact, my father's newly bought DVD player has given rise to this. He has bought some Chinese Drama Serials before me. One of this was: "Eloquent Ji Xiao Lan." It is about a court official - Ji Xiao Lan - in the Qing Dynasty. Unlike other aides, he is not a sycophant. He is the best scholar of his time and the Emperor appoints him to fight corruption... This show is blatantly humorous. If you doubt me, here's a BETTER REVIEW instead...

Master and Commander is an adventure story about a British Captain and how he got around the Far Side of the World (South America). The plot is simple. When Napoleon conquered Europe, H.M.S. (Her Majesty's Ship) 'Surprise' has to search and capture the French ship 'Acheron' on the Atlantic Ocean. This is a great thrill ride!

No comments: