Friday, May 28, 2004

Flashbacks

"Stop it CLASS! Now this is UNBECOMING of a CHEMISTRY LAB!" the Chemistry teacher raised her voice...

;) Seriously, this was where I was - in Millenia Institute - a few months ago. I was taking Physics, Chemistry and C Maths as part of my subject combination. I had a tendency to daydream in class. You know that look in the eyes of a person who is somewhere else, far away...

In another scenario, it happened to be a rainy afternoon in another part of the building. The whole class was longing to go home. The relief physics teacher was a short man - which I am afraid to call - a hobbit. But he was good, the best of the shirefolk, may I say! He was exceptionally cute and made jokes out of ikan bilis...

"Now class, listen... LISTEN..." he said, above the noise of the raindrops. He was trying to explain the concept of Relative Velocity to us, I couldn't remember, and couldn't care less. I was looking out of the window at the running track. It was such a cool afternoon and I feel sleep beckoning me on...

You know after school, we hung out as a class... Sort of missed my ol' class...

(so ends the positive part.)

* * *

You know when you feel the loneliness creeping in on you. It ain't the coolest feeling and you feel powerless. You start speaking out aloud - uncontrollably - into the silence. For goodness sake, get a grip! Maybe. You are thinking of someone all the time and you're playing a waiting game. (Maybe I'll see you again in the next life?) Staying very alert... Somehow everything seems to be going on in the world at large. So you turn on the news. People talking, talking... It's nice to get engrossed in the fantasy world behind the box.

You turn up the volume to get it into your head. People talking... A ceaseless chatter...

No comments: