Wednesday, December 27, 2006

no one to turn to

I decided to go back to TP choir in order "to promote" the concert.
OK. Well it didn't go according to my plan.

Sometimes I feel no connection at all to the current members there. Perhaps I got too pessimistic, too emotional and silent at the end of the practice. (Digressing: HOWEVER HOWEVER, I am not a quiet person - in contrast, my friends I dined with at lunch even felt I was too talkative)

Anyway, left my peeps at TP Choir soon enough with a disappearing act. Hope I won't need to do that too often. I was too disoriented and emo. =( They were singing ok, given their few numbers. I felt a sense of disorientation when the pitching problems present themselves in the face. And ok then, here's a snippet from Wei Min: "you all sound too choral.." bleh, I forgot. TP Choir aka acapella group.

Negative sentiments aside, I felt hope in every one of the members present there. I can't believe WM was there either. She is definitely a great help, given her experience and musicality. What help can I offer besides my voice, when the guru is around?

They take breaks too often I believe, often due to lack of discipline, or direction from a disciplined leader (a choral director can provide). This is most unfortunate. I wish that a godsend might help keep their numbers from dwindling further.

WM played the piano, some Chopin piece I believe, in a way that made me feel that pianists are able to channel their thoughts and express themselves, through their hands and fingers. Like she always plays the punchline when she's tired out. I suspect it was her music that made me emo. Did it have the same effect on others?

I will be back again on thursday to find I'm not too emo again.

***

CYRIL WONG - recognised local poet

Cyril Wong is the name of the Singaporean poet featured on the SPicy section of the Mediacorp Arts Central, weekly 30 min Arts entertainment guide, Front. He labelled Front as a 'bimbotic' show. Which goes to show I'm not too far above the intel level of bimbos. -.-

Anyway. He turns out to have performed with a Singapore small choir group, THE SINGERS, which have attained international acclaim just recently... hmm. interesting. What's more interesting is his works of literature that have managed to make breakthrough globally.. Definitely keeping my eye out on those titles.

No comments: