Sunday, September 25, 2005

September blues

Read the newspapers today. It is futile.. to ponder about life. All of us continue to seek meaning behind the purpose of our lives... It is not only a novel idea, but it makes life so much simpler for us, rather than understanding the complexities of 'how' and 'why'.

You can't be a conductor, a violinist, cellist, percussionist, singer, a doctor, priest, engineer, businessman, sportsman, politician, novelist... at any one time in life. Unless you're an actor.. but that's just play-acting, and not fulfilling the true job scope.

To be pragmatic, it is better to pick a few.

Life has its limits, you can't go on choosing a vocation forever... and that's why I've got to make a choice. Do I want to drift on through life my own way, or steer the ship by the wheel?

I've been staying away from the piano and the guitar. I ask myself why? At the same time, I asked myself if I wanted to perform in front of an audience... If I wanted take exams and raise my musical skills. But somehow, I don't know why I would want to do that. I'm unmotivated and lazy. No way!

But I love the music that I hear evey single day. It beckons me to try, to be just as good as the experienced players. I think it fulfills my other part of the soul and can play a role to the balance of energy.

I may even perform better at school, and be a happier person.

I wished that life was so much more. But do I have the guts to put myself to the challenge, and practise what I preach...?

That aside, I have decided to impress someone, to show that I'm not just a nobody, drifting through life. Yeah, as usual, I can't seem to swallow my pride.

No comments: