Thursday, December 27, 2007

I remember

The first time the world elucidated proof of her existence to me, was in the Summer of 2004. During that time I had enrolled and accepted a course in Temasek Polytechnic after graduation from Secondary School. In the months before my polytechnic education began, I was engaged in weekly choir practices with the Colibri Chamber Choir.

I remember going to places like the top level foodcourt of Amara Hotel, and meeting with great, fun-loving choristers like April, Nicole, Suat Huang, Albert, June, Reuben and Karen, and Roger. We've also been to places like Roger's condo @ Tanjong Pagar, Yoshioko's place, and Reuben's home at Bukit Timah. (All right, I've also been to Nelson's home at Tanah Merah before, when I was in TVC, but it doesn't matter here). I kind of miss the 'sisterhood' of those days. 'April-talk' or girls giving harmless but interesting gossip at lunch, which sometimes threatened to pollute my mind (but it sounds silly really); it makes me wanna laugh along with them.

My point is, it was that sunny afternoon after vocalising at Reuben's place. Albert caught hold of the news that I was going to study in TP. I sort of expressed to him, my interest in knowing what was the group, TP Choir like, and whether it would be worthwhile to spend my time on it as a CCA. My chosen alternative was to take up a sport, like trying out for soccer. Somehow, he sort of persuaded me by saying that you know, "what's so fun about running around the field the whole day, getting tired at the end of the day?" Which made me stop short of my decision. So I thought I'd give it a shot and see what kind of choir he runs in TP. Purely "a matter of convenience", since I know Albert. I was complaining I don't know anyone else.. And then comes along SH saying "I've got a friend in TP who's interested in joining TP Choir." Then, that was the first moment an unknown had emerged in my memories.

A week later after school started, SH came around to TP in her TPJC Uniform around 5.30pm. She was grinning, happy to see me in a school full of staring strangers. I continually teased her for wearing the uniform, being in the wrong school. It was around that time that I first met with her friend - I can't remember - our first encounter was never that vivid in my memory. I'm confused over whether she wore contact lenses or spectacles.

This fragment simply slipped into my consciousness, just now. It's one of my concerns that get the better of me. It always come back to the question, whether our chance meeting changed my life for the better or worse. I don't want to think about it - 'how it changed..' me either, it goes both ways. It makes me more experienced in working with people. You know honestly, I can't move you at all. I'm unworthy.

No comments: