Sunday, December 23, 2007

bored musings



John Legend - Sun Comes Up

Well, I posted this one because YT recommended it. I still prefer the Young Folks below by Peter Bjorn and John. It's very catchy.

==

I stayed at home. It was raining. I finished 'Arry Potter Deathly Hallows today, after months of reading. In fact I think I started reading it a bit in June, after I enlisted. Cripe.

I always thought of the Harry Potter series as humour. The elements of slapstick are in it, with Fred & George's bags of tricks, and antics. The names Rowling give for its creatures, characters, are somewhat clever and unique, as they have already sunken roles into the characters themselves. Dumble the humble. V is for Villian. I am not so fond of the name Potter however (a flower pot is the first thing that comes to mind).

In the last book, I find that she makes her quarrelsome characters collide with each other too often. There is too much soap opera, and crying, it makes the book somewhat unbearable for a guy like me to look at. The Chapter at the King's Cross station however, was cool, it was so unexpected, so 'Matrix-revolutions'-like. It still sends a chill down my spine when I read it, about talking to the dead, and being caught in limbo. Time magazine had reported that Rowling had the series planned in its resemblance to political & social content in Thatcher's Britain, Dumbledore & gay themes, discrimination, etcetera. But if it is true, I'm happy I don't see it, I still see it as an adventure. A very long one, in fact.

=
i wish i wasn't so childish.
i'm 20 years old now. where's my ambition, levelheaded-ness and drive for success?
Geesh. (Failed in self-examination)
=

i did a bit of stock-taking, and still pondering what I want in the future. Those digging questions from the new people I meet, "Say, where are you going after NS? ... Two years isn't a very long time, you know?" cause me severe inflammatory reactions. My pimples are breaking out all over again.

I'm reading "Hallucinating Foccault". Seriously, the Gay theme is overblown in this novel. There are many theories that might work for or against homosexuals in their right to breathe. They are a disturbed people, who have developed the wrong sexual habits. I just feel that such people should not be discriminated against. Society should show greater concern, or symphathize with them (e.g. recommend counseling).
Yeah, I'm idealistic. I'm all for recycling, reduce and reuse too.


==

Have you ever felt that you have many things to say to someone. Yet in reality, at the dinner table, you couldn't never say nothing?

" NO - NOTHING = SOMETHING " , Therefore:
"- no - no - nothing = no SOMETHING = Nothing"

Have you ever felt that time is precious, every second you spend with her is worth more than the riches in this world - gold, diamond, and what other elemental stones, material possessions that the ignorant rabble seek to invest in?

Have you ever felt the air intensify in your lungs when you enter the room and she's there? experience a quiet form of elation?

Have you ever felt that feeling when she comes online on msn, say, "Yes, I've got to talk to her" So, catch up you know, you read what her personal message says.

==

I keep myself entertained easily. STOP THINKING. YOU'RE WASTING TIME. BACK TO READING YOUR TIME MAGAZINES AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL !!! THIS IS YOUR BOSS, LEONARD LIPOVICH.

Man, I miss his tone in those business-like emails. And maybe I miss working with Americans.

No comments: