Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesdays with Morrie

the book discussion today was fulfilling. It was a pity that most people were @ home watching World Cup.

Filter out the incoherent thoughts... pressure release...

*snore*

STOP - and reflect.

The book discussion today was INDEED worth my time. I made a great friend today, named Suet Feng. We viewed part of the movie based on the book... which I think was not that great as compared to the simplicity of the book, in which the facts were lain out in front of you for analysis.

She was a brave listener, and suffered hearing my array of disparate thoughts. As shown by Morrie Schwartz, I think time is the greatest courtesy (you have given me) we can bestow on people - although it's wicked to take other people's time for granted. I would attend these book discussions to explore more of other people's perspectives.

I figured out, like Morrie said philosophically, friends do not need to be discriminated by age, or appearance.

However, in most living creatures, they have this 'compatibility analysis' complex (something I coined). In which one sizes up the other... Is this person good enough to be my friend? Is he a threat/obstacle to my ambitions? Is he handsome enough, pleasant mannered, what benefits can I obtain by keeping his friendship... Is he wasting my time?

*oops... not a cynical view, but just probing scientifically with blunt, objective, and analytical questions*

Or take a look at racial discrimination, or the practice of vivisection. Why do we see animals as low-lives, when they do suffer pain and torment? No wonder God tortures us everyday, for what we've done (a cool spiritual thought) to those down the evolutionary ladder... This is just a prime example of the 'incompatibility complex'.

Then we must cross this uncomfortable incompatibility barrier which exists throughout the universe. Virtual space. The inert line that acts as a barrier between attraction and repulsion... After that, we are subjected to variables that exist in the four dimensions.

Oops. this influx of 'chim' thoughts is driving me crazy... by the urge to explain simple phenomena which we take for granted everyday...


Let's put it in a simplistic, human way. After all, I am Zhong Hao...

I m de new friend tod y...
crzy crzy... where's the a?

some crzy thoughts I have.

No comments: