Friday, November 23, 2007

Talk-cock sessions

whenever we have nothing to do during our course, we sit in our bunks and talk cock about things we observe in our lives. One person will launch unto a topic, say his ambitions. Whenever it comes to gender or races, there will be generalisations that are unsubstianted statistically, which sorts of pisses me off. I mean, the speaker ought to get the facts right and present the information professionally.

EXTRACTS:

One is tempted to believe, that "Singaporean girls are materialistic and only go after your purse". Another, say "girls in Singapore Polytechnic Business IT are very cui- " and the best are in Temasek Polytechnic.. then it's my turn to raise a skeptical eyebrow and show the 'wtf' sign.

I mean what content is worth discussing? It's pointless you see, except for keeping the cogs and wheels in our minds turning. We wonder who among us might get married first. and we can quarrel like little children.

I find that our resident musician-conductor in my bunk, is very expressive about his thoughts, but can be very sensitive when you tread on his toes. Very selfish bastard sometimes. This is in concurrence with the 'other musician' that has always been occupying my thoughts. For better or worse, subconsciously, she's always in a part of memories. But I know the rule of the world. The layman - or person of lower status - finds it hard to talk to a professional, or a person of attractive charms. Like my friend says, he wouldn't go after a girl of higher status than him. So carry on my foolish ambition, no. In my life, I've got to think of ways to upgrade my status.

One of our course instructors says he's MAD (Married, Adorable, Desirable), while we're SAD ppl (Single, Available, Desperate).

Reading TIME magazine and trying not to think about Yi Hern, who's probably studying away for his tests (well, thanks for your concern in your sms). And Yuan Ting, who's probably just home from work and planning our next acapella practice session. And Wong Chyi, who's probably waiting to get his bookout and pass out from SISPEC. And Brother, who's probably returning home from his Yamaha Drum Lessons. Sometimes you don't wonder... who gives a f- about you in this world. You just wade on in the water - I mean tread water, prevent you from sinking.

Ah.. what would this world be without friends. Yet we are alone.


***


20 Years of life have passed-by in how many blinks of my eye?
Yet it is through this 20 year old life that I've seen what Life has to offer.
Like a child, I think about:

Say where do I see myself in 20 years time?
Buy insurance, those PruCash options to accumulate for my mid-life.
How do I make the most of my life?
Do I still listen to my parents? To what extent can they be trusted now?
Why are my parents in a period of stagnation in their lives - have they no more dreams to fulfill? *This is the scratch-head question* Why can't they push me further?
DO I have to do everything now, myself? chart my course, and receive advice that plays with my brain?
Why am I forgetting things taught like I've got super short-term memory?

Too many questions and no time to answer them to the point. I have a feeling I will wrestle with them during my guard duties...

Don't plan too much though, life happens while you're busy making plans.

1 comment:

威(たけし) said...

Even as parents they have their own lives. They were born in another period, into different lives. Society had a different expectation of them, they had a different expectation of themselves, different dreams to live, different purposes to fulfill.

Perhaps they have lived their dreams and life, and now only look onto their offspring, doing their best to help us fulfill our own dreams and lives. Its a stage of life, one that we will find ourselves in someday. Yes, you have to do everything yourself now, from now on (and perhaps a while ago), you decide your life, future and destiny.