Saturday, March 24, 2007

Working

Yes I've found work recently; I've been working for 3 weeks.

Interesting was this part-time job as a Banquet waiter @ Ritz Carlton Millenia, Singapore. It involves a lot of menial work. Especially for a guy. However, the pay is good.. 6 per hour. Heard it used to be 10??

But the perks! Besides having a free meal, I have served an event graced by President SR Nathan. It was the "Go Red For Women" campaign dinner. Big event huh? Thus I have witnessed walks of the business-life, demanding guests and so on.

I really envy those dining guests. Being served classy food and wines would really make me a happy man. Would you like a Chardonnay, Ma'am? How about the Cabarnet Sauvignon? Or the Merlott? Vintage wines... Must know the country of origin, and grape... Hard liquor.. Jack Daniel's Black, how would you like to be served? On the rocks. Oh sorry, cocktail hour's over...

I've decided to quit drinking Ice water @ Wedding Banquets. They come from the Tap! Even some guests request for Evians!
...

My half-day temp job at Balestier Primary school is that of a clerk. The Administration Manager had resigned, so I have to help the full-time data entry clerks do payment auditing, check edusave forms, photocopy, answer calls, and help Principal/VP type letters.

I realise that I quite like a half-day job, because I would be paid $22 each weekday. I think my Mum also does this, so it's probably in my genes (Lamarckism). Oh, did I mention I was turning away from science? Well, some of their concepts still hold interest for me. Just don't make me study any protein networks or biochemical systems, and I'll be fine! I reserve the right to change my mind though.

Anyway. The school environment is very cheerful. In the office, small issues are exaggerated in the faces or dramatised in the dialogue between the clerks, principals, school attendants, teachers, pupils, and parents.

It is quite funny to think that Primary school "pupils" become a term, instead of students. *Starts thinking about eye regional anatomy*
...

Tomorrow is the OBS concert.

No comments: