Thursday, March 08, 2007

The final blow

My cGPA rests at 2.78. I got a B for my Major Project.

wtf.

I am like half-way between totally worn out and disgusted at... myself...

You see me studying, doing my best each time around, at home or in school... Yet, so far, I find this ain't the career for me. I cannot go far with these academic results. I might as well die.

Just a figure of speech. I would die eventually (hopefully of natural causes). But where's the glory in dying now, eh?

I need to make an emergency U-turn; to get back in the game. tata peeps.


*** Previously unpublished session of self-doubt ***

Why was I in Biotechnology? For a combination of reasons:

Innate lust for Fame and Recognition, and ultimately, Power. ( - dared - I - think! - )

I realised this today. This is a typical human drive - what am I but an insignificant human in a population of million. And how do I stand out and make the world a better place? It turns out that the definition of a better place is subjective (the concept varies from person to person), and you'd always risk upset to others in making decisions. Nevertheless, to what end was I willing to pursue, to make a name myself in the world, rather than drift on as a number? And tra la~

In all ambition, I pooled my investment, pushed all my faculties to the overdrive, for the hope of success.

I thought that you could always brainwash yourself to succeed. Now I need brainwash in the opposite direction. Reverse determinism.

***

2 comments:

Dimples said...

Cheers to graduation (:
Take the 2 years to reflect and think through about your future. Whether or not you want to pursue further in the field or life sciences is really up to you. Know where your interest lies. Don't do something out of superfical glamour. haha. Anyway, i don't think being a researcher is smth glamourous. =D

-liza-

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your thoughts had sum up some of my own personal thoughts very well. I really believe that there are endless opportunities out there. It is sometimes our mind that is limited. I think you make a good english teacher=) Go explore the possibilities!

Jy