Monday, April 19, 2004

Geylang Park Connector.

(13/4)
It was a bright morning as I jogged along the western shore of the Kallang river. I was about to bring along my camera to take some pictures. But who jogs with a handheld camera? It proved an inconvenience to me, and I jogged the furthest today.

I made past the Indoor Stadium on the opposite shore and continued up the gravel footpath. I met several Chinese fishermen fishing at a corner protruding out to the river. They seemed busy handling their fishing nets. On the shore - on a weekday - were quiet condominiums with the residents outdoors working. I could hear my footsteps echo and haunt the estate.

Small trees were planted alongside the path. On the river, the coast guard patrolled the waterways in a small Gunship. A smart uniformed man stood on deck. The Singapore flag onboard flew in full glory. (Wait, this must be propaganda, ain't it? :D)

I saw the office buildings emerge on the opposite shore, which was preceded by a beautiful sandy shoreline with coconut trees (and other tree species). I could see clearly on top of one of these buildings, "SUNTEC CITY". =P

Continuing up the footpath, I could go no further. A giant highway-bridge towered above me - in full view. This was the Tanjong Rhu flyover. River vessels also accessed these waters by drifting under the bridge. Cars on the highway above sped past. "Flyover," I remarked. It seemed as if they were racing onward to the heavens...

There was also a blue signboard, which indicated that TRESPASSERS would be PROSECUTED. Thus, I went no further.

No comments: