Sunday, June 29, 2008

Arcangelo Corelli

CONCERTO GROSSO IN D, OP. 6/1 (3): LARGO
ORCH. OF THE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT CATHERINE MACKINTOSH (c)


*Love* - the sombre intensity of that baroque violin piece... Listening to Symphony 92.4 FM is like falling in love many times over. (-: <3 The violin weeps pure emotion.


and follow-up to it:


Louis Spohr

DOUBLE QRT NO. 3 IN E MINOR, OP. 87 (2) ACADEMY OF ST MARTIN- I(N THE FIELDS)

wasn't half-bad. Justsounded like a suitable complement to the violin in the previous..


It becomes increasingly difficult for me to escape the trappings of my mind... Yet as the mind wanders astray, it only revolves around me in an orbit.. Was it ever necessary for one's relationship with God to be one of everlasting worship?

Young Christians seem to be enforcing their own assumptions about God, whom in their idea, is ever-pleased with their weekly tributes of hour-long rock concerts... It's increasingly difficult to accept the shades of gray in which they see as the norm; and the different personalities around you threatening to recruit you as one of them. I would imagine myself, surrounded by a huge strawberry jelly syrup. Although sweet it may be, and nutritious, once you are swallowed inside - you become one of them, another collective in the Jelly.

I can't deny the openness of my heart only tinges with suspicion, when the pastor makes us repeat stuff in a collective (frightening) manner - but well, proves that we are a social group and none of us is alone. It makes me kind of freaked o ut sometimes, but I know that I'm not losing myself. Hence, now, supposedly in line with my objectives, I'll set forth from my nest again, knowing that when I feel weak, I could always immerse myself in the nurturing environment of church. It's practical, but selfish of me.


I'm reading Chp 3 of The Food Revolution -- on the environment.

No comments: