Monday, January 29, 2007

before january ends

post-concert, post-work, and report-writing syndrome

THOUGHT:
Life cannot be fully appreciated from the course of studying biology. you'd have to know the arts, which set the boundaries of limited human comprehension of their world around.

"problems that plaque whole human societies cannot be adequately explained, or appreciated from the intrinsic viewpoint of a single biological system. "

It's always been a dream to zoom out to a helicopter view and study cities, watch people move about in the metropolis. the streets. the buildings. the tower spikes. the ants crawling on the concrete. the densely populated hive.

Lush is playing some lousy mixes this morning, or why am I underappreciating it?

We're always listening to something someone else has said. I say we defy their expectations.

1 comment:

I live in.. said...

the moment i complained about lush, I heard clocks bossa nova version (not sure if it is) on the radio. wow, it was much lessheavy than the original.

there's also an appealing female local version of 'I wish I knew how it would feel to be free'.. dunno whosheis though.